July 02, 2013

Insanity - Because I'm truly insane

Hi!
So on my quest to get fit and have more muscle definition, on may 21st I downloaded both Insanity with Shaun T and the 30-day Shred of Jillian Michaels. I thought I would give them a go since everybody is talking so many great things of them, and considering I stopped going to the gym on April I thought I would use 30 day shred as an induction to not want to die so badly doing Insanity after. Then I thought it through and realised I'm back to university, which means 2 ballet classes a week, 2 lyrical jazz dance classes a week and a street jazz dance class too. A total of 5 classes being: 1 on tuesday, 3 on wednesday and 1 on friday. If I were to add any of this almost "no rest" workouts to my routine, I would die LOL (or so I thought back then). So I put them dvds (or files on my computer :P ) away and decided to try them later.

Eventually a couple of classes got cancelled so I decided to try the Jillian Michaels thing, Level 1 was great but i didn't find it hard and I didn't know it required weights, so i tried to manage with some bottle waters I had around, very uncomfortable to follow without the weights =/. Life happened and I guess I wasn't motivated enough so that was the end of it. 

A friend of mine today mentioned something about starting Insanity and I was like ohhhhhhhhh I want to do that too!!. Now school is almost over (until August) so that means I get a month OFF. I'll still be taking my 2 lyrical jazz dance classes a week but I don't know if i'll dance much more than that. Perfect timing to do anything crazy like this since once I start classes again I wont stop until december and by then we'll also have the "end of the year" dance performances so.. 

So today I went to work; from work to study for a little bit; to my lyrical jazz dance class of awesome. Dinner and usual stuff and then I made up my mind and took the fitness test of Insanity :O. I know I'm not too out of shape, and i know I could just keep dancing BUT I want to change my body this year. And I know I won't be over training if I start insanity today. First month will be only that and lyrical jazz. Month 2 would overlap with month 1 of school... But i'll see when the time comes if i can do both things or if i'll have to be content with doing just half insanity. 

Why insanity and not something lighter?? Cuz I'm insane and wanted to try the hardest, most challenging thing I could find.. Hopefully I can keep up. 
My numbers on this fit test are pretty lame and to be honest, by the end of it I don't know if it's that i still have a bit of mocus from winter shitness or cuz it was hard but I felt a tiny little bit like puking.. 

So without any further talk.. here are the stats ( I was gonna post pics but I don't like them :P , I'll post them later when i have something better to compare them to)

Fit test 1: (Counts how many you can do in a minute)
1)Switch kicks: 40 (each leg)
2)Power jacks: 39
3)Power knees: 66 (30 seconds each leg)
4)Power jumps: 24 (form went to shit a couple of times)
5)Globe jumps: 12
6)Suicide jumps (burpees?) : 12 ¬¬ (I wanted to give up LOL)
7)Push up jacks: 20
8)Low plank oblique: 50

More stats:
Height: 1.59cm // 5'2''
Weight: 60kgs // 132lbs (average)
BMI: 24 (http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/bmi-calculator.html)
BF: 26.15%
Biceps:26cm//10''
Waist: 74cm//29''
Hips feet together - maximum girth : 101cm//39.7''
Hips: 86cm//33.8''
Thigh: 55cm //21.6''
Calf: 36cm //14''

I took these measurements like a month ago but i doubt they've changed much and I'm too lazy to do it all over again so this is how it stays. I have NO cardio resistence lol and it holds me back on jumps combinations at ballet ¬¬. I'm sure I'll want to die doing these workout but hey! It's all about challenging yourself right? So I say let the insane people do insane things :P Here we go ! wish me luck!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment