March 23, 2015

Music adventures

And I woke up having no plans at all, not even my phone charged, with only one possible thing I wanted to get done... finishing watching "Glee". Yeap. We're talking big achievements here people... inmense ones ...
After tossing around in bed for a long time and being reminded of my lazyness by friends equally Lazy.. I woke up to eat something and then received the txt to brighten my day...  A free Lolapalooza ticket from a friend :). So, Lazy no more.. I got moving.. the day was beautiful, sunny, clear sky.. kinda autumny temperature.. I got to visit one of the neibourhoods I love, off to the show.. got to the see the sun set as we walked to the stadium.
A lot of people, a lot of stages... fun.
We chose the bands we wanted to see and opened our mind as much as possible.
Enjoyed a really good show by Kasabian, then went to another stage and watch a bit of Damian Marley perform and half of the "Smashing Pumpkins" show..
Then it came the turn of the now famouse happy adidas face.. "Pharrell Williams". We wondered how he would have material for an hour and a half show.. given he's not that old of an artist... but... the N.E.R.D times were fun so... who knew?
He barely made it to the time, stretching time in between songs way too much, having a couple numbers being only his back up dancers dance to other artists music.. and doing some covers (Holla back girl, Lucky..) and at times singing the same song twice in a row.. (Lucky and Happy at the very end). Didn't expect much, didn't receive much. I wouldn't have paid for it. Hopefully he gets some experience, release some more cds and come back to reinvindicate himself from this one.
And for the end... completely different music, had the crowd (me included) jumping around, dancing, shaking their head at the 2nd note. It was "Skrillex" time... and he did what he knows how to do best. Bring the f house down! Played all his most famous tunes and turned the show into a party, a club outdoors. Fun.
And so it ended, temperature dropped and we were sweaty and unnoticing with all the dancing so I'm sure B.A has a massive cold rightnow. All in all it was worth it.
Reporting from my bed/couch zipping hot tea while watching Gotham.
That's all for today's blog. Keep enjoying life!

No comments:

Post a Comment